CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Grimlins?

You know, I should have known that when you buy a house that is over 100 years old there are going to be constant problems! I have been so behind on my laundry lately, so yesterday I washed about 6 loads of clothes. Last night I noticed that the laundry room light would not turn on and the washer and deep freeze were not working. The weird thing is that the dryer DID work. Talk about strange! It has happened once before, and we thought then it was because the washing machine shakes that part of the house to China and back when it is in the spin cycle. Of course Chris immediately claimed that I was overloading the washing machine, so I tried it with half a load. Guess what?! You got it...still shaking. Chris took the entire washer apart last week and decided it needed to be balanced. He's very handy to have around.haha But it happened last night again. Turns out that our house is "wired weird with grimlins", a quote from the electrician. I obviously don't understand electrician lingo, but it was a burned out something or other under the house. To the tune of $65 the grimlins are gone, for now. No telling where else they will show up, though. Stay tuned for "Return of the Grimlins."

2 comments:

Rena said...

At least you noticed the problem before the things in your freezer ruined.

ThemDangBuckleys said...

Hey girl...I haven't checked your site in a while so I've really enjoyed catching up on what's been happening with the McRae's! The kids all look like they are doing great and staying busy! My goodness - between football, school, dance and showchoir - yall are one busy family! We really miss seeing yall! Lots of love,
Amie