CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Late Mother's Day!

Our family celebrated Mother's Day in different parts of the state this year. Chris, Sara Glenn and Janey Beth went to Waynesboro to be with his mom, and Emmy Lou and I went to Winona to be with mine. Most of you know that Chris's brother, Jason, died in March, so this first Mother's Day without him was especially hard for Mrs. Carolyn. Hopefully the girls being there really helped her through the weekend. I honestly can't imagine the grief she felt, and I know she was surrounded by prayer that Sunday. Sara Glenn played her piano recital piece in church on Sunday, and Chris said Big Mac and NaNa could not have been prouder. My father-in-law aka Big Mac is the pastor of a PCA church in Waynesboro and is a music fanatic. As Sara Glenn progresses I would love for her to play the piano and Big Mac sing one day. Down in Winona we had a great supper with my parents, sister and grandmother Saturday night. The weekend was so relaxing, and the time everyone had with just Emmy Lou was great. I can't wait until we move to Winona to be able to have more weekends like that. All in all it was a great Mother's Day weekend, and I am very thankful for such an amazing Mother and Mother-in-law. I love you both!

0 comments: